Identities and Security
The various identity configurations that you can use when initializing a
- offlinePlayground: Develop peer-to-peer apps with no cloud connection. This mode offers no security and must only be used for development.
- onlineWithAuthentication: Run Ditto in secure production mode, logging on to Ditto Cloud or on on-premises authentication server. User permissions are centrally managed.
- onlinePlayground: Test a Ditto Cloud app with weak shared token authentication (“Playground mode”). This mode is not secure and must only be used for development.
- sharedKey: A mode where any device is trusted provided they know the secret key. This is a simplistic authentication model normally only suitable for private apps where users and devices are both trusted.
- manual: A manually-provided certificate identity. This accepts a base64-encoded bundle.
Provides access to authentication information and methods for logging on to Ditto Cloud. Relevant when using anSee more
Provides feedback to the developer about Ditto authentication status.See more
Provides info about the authentication status.See more